This quick, upbeat workout will lighten and tighten your body in no time. This routine is based on short timed intervals with big bursts of power, and results in a nice total body burn. Enjoy!
Complete drills 1-4 in sequence for 30 seconds each. Take a quick breather, then repeat once more.
- Stationary March: focus on breathing deep.
- Squats: feet hips with apart
- Jump Rope: good posture.
- Butt Kicks: place hands on hips.
Complete drills 1-4 in sequence for 45 seconds each. Take a quick breather, then repeat once more.
- Prisoner Squat Jumps: place hand behind ears, chest lifted.
- Rear Lunge/Jump: alternate stepping on leg back at a time.
- V-Squat Jumps: turn toes out, hold arm like a "T" should height.
- Lateral Squats: start standing with feet together. Next, step one foot out to the side to squat, stand back to the start and switch legs.
Complete drills 1-5 in sequence for 45 seconds each.
- Plank: on elbows, and keep back flat.
- X Supermans: lay on belly, squeeze glutes while lifting legs and arms in an "X" position.
- Oblique Twists: criss cross crunches, hands lightly behind ears.
- Reverse Crunch: lay on back with knees bent in the air. Lift bum off the ground to engage lower abs.
- Bridge: belly face up, push off heels to lift hips into bridge and hold.
Heart Rate Acceleration
Complete drills 1-4 in sequence for 30 seconds each.
- High Knee Run: keep chest lifted, draw knees up quickly.
- Jumping Jacks + Alternating Jab Punches: arm chest height on the punch.
- Push Ups: avoid arching back, and complete on knees for modification.
- Burpee: squat, place hands on the ground--step/jump to a plank. Next, step/jump back to squat--stand up--repeat.
- Football Shuffle: wide stance, run on toes as quickly and lightly as you can.
Nice job chicka!
Finish your workout with some rejuvenating deep breathes, and a lovely stretch.